Reserves lists, along with a course or subject guide, should be automatically available in Canvas courses on the Library Resources page. This link requires the SISID number available in the Canvas course settings. If you have an active E-Reserves list that is not appearing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will also supply a direct link to your course E-Reserves page via email after your list is available.
The direct link in ANGEL to a course reserves list will no longer be available for fall 2016. We will supply a direct link to your course E-Reserves page via email after your list is available. If you have not received a link, please contact email@example.com.
Instructors or design staff will need to remove the current Penn State Library Tools block from the Resources Tab in ANGEL courses, and add a new block to send the students to the E-Reserves page for your course or the E-Reserves search page:
- Go to the course in ANGEL and select the Resources Tab
- Select Edit Page on the top left
- Remove the Penn State Library Tools block by hovering over the block and selecting the “x”
- Select the Add Components button at the top
- Scroll down in the Available Components and check the box next to Custom Content
- Click Add Selected
- An empty Custom Content block has now been added to the Resources Tab.
- Hover over the Custom Content block and select the pencil icon to edit the block.
- In the Title field, enter the following: Penn State Library Tools
- In the Content field, enter the direct link to your E-Reserves page (sent via email)
“Go to the Library Course Reserves page and click on the link for the E-Reserves search (new E-Reserves System). In the search box, key in your instructor's last name or course number to access the E-Reserves for your course.”
- Save (the block)
- Save (the Resources Tab page)