Scanners are available in most libraries. Please see details on the page that includes "Scan, Copy, and Print" information for each library.
This page contains information about specialty scanners.
Scannx Book Scanner has easy to follow touchscreen instructions. Scans can be saved to a Smart Phone (or Tablet) [must have bar code scanner app downloaded on smart phone or tablet], USB, Google Drive (saves to your google docs – log in with your google account), or send to the patron's Penn State email address.
- Sidewater Commons (next to the IT Service Desk)
- Knowledge Commons
- Arts and Humanities/Music and Media Center (210W Pattee)
- high-speed, double-sided document scanning
- includes a sheet document feeder
- Social Sciences and Education (2nd floor Paterno)
Most branch libraries also have a scanner station. A Penn State userID and password is required to use these workstations.
Scanners are also available for Penn State students, faculty and staff in a number of computer labs managed by Penn State IT. For details, visit the Learning Applications and Technologies website.
KIC Bookeye Scanner
- The KIC Bookeye 4 scanner at the University Libraries is located in the Weltmann lobby across from the Commons Desk:
- Step-by-step scanning directions
- Pages can be scanned flat or in a V-cradle mode (less strain on the spine)
- Documents can be saved in several formats (e.g, pdf, jpeg, and png)
- Handles materials up to 17 x 24 inches, scans in black & white, grayscale or color. Scans from 100 to 600 dpi resolution
- Save to USB flash drive, cloud storage or send to email account
- No attached printer
- Microforms & Government Information provides a scanner (STViewScan III) that scans slides (no fee). Patrons can convert slides to full color digital images.
- Staff in the Libraries' Preservation, Conservation, and Digitization can scan slides and do large format and map scanning (for a fee).
The Donald W. Hamer Center for Maps and Geospatial Information provides a number of scanning and printing options for patrons, available through their scan, copy, and print page.
A variety of scanners are available for viewing, printing, scanning, and saving microfilm, microfiche, superfiche, microform and m-cartridge materials. Microform scanner locations:
- Paterno Library (Microforms and Government Information library)
- Engineering Library
A number of scanning resources are available at University Park for students, faculty, and staff:
- Student Computing Labs: Find a location, hours, equipment, and other resources
- Engineering Copy Center: Choose from wide variety of services to faculty, staff, and students, including scanning and large-format printing
- Multimedia and Print Center: Offers high-quality scanning, large-format printing, and graphic design services