University Park Libraries
Available computers in Pattee and Paterno libraries.
Software available on computers in the Libraries and Labs at University Park.
Borrow laptops at the Libraries for up to 7-days with a valid PSU ID required. Check out a calculator for up to 24 hours.
Cameras and Media Equipment
Borrow technology and equipment for media production and viewing from Media and Technology Support Services at the Wagner Annex at University Park.
The Maker Commons within the Knowledge Commons at Pattee and Paterno Library provides access to 3D printing as well as do-it-yourself electronic components.
IT Service Desk staff provide diagnostic and repair of personal laptops, tablets, and mobile devices, and are available to assist with campus wireless connectivity, data transfer and backup, virus detection and removal, software installation, and a number of other IT services.
Mobile Device Charging Stations
Mobile device charging stations are available in the following locations:
- Paterno Library - student lounges on floors 2, 3, and 4
- Pattee Library - Leisure Reading Room, Knowledge Commons (4 stations available), the Paterno Family Reading Room (2 Central), and News and Microforms Library
- Architecture and Landscape Architecture Library
- Engineering Library
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences Library
- Earth and Mineral Sciences Library
Oomf Omnicharge Portable Chargers
Oomf Omnicharger portable chargers are now available in Pattee and Paterno libraries, and in the Architecture and Landscape Architecture, Earth and Mineral Sciences, Engineering and Physical and Mathematical Sciences libraries.
Each station houses ten portable chargers/batteries that can be activated by users through the Oomf app, which can be downloaded to phones or tablets.
- Activated chargers power/charge devices through two USB ports, an AC outlet (to charge laptops), or wirelessly (chargers do not include cables)
- Chargers can be taken anywhere, in or out of the building, on or off campus
- The service is free to all users if chargers are returned to stations within 24 hours. After 24 hours, the company assesses a $20/day overdue fee to users' credit cards
Headphones are available for checkout to patrons in the following areas:
- Pattee Library
- Music & Media Center
- Maps Library
- Paterno Library
- Life Sciences Library: 4-hour checkout for in-library use
- Architecture and Landscape Architecture Library: 4-hour checkout
- Earth and Mineral Sciences Library: 4-hour checkout
- Engineering Library: 4-hour checkout
- Physical & Mathematical Sciences Library: 4-hour checkout for in-library use