Fall 2020 Updates
- Monday-Thursday, 8:45am-5pm
- Friday, 8:45am-4pm
- Closed Monday, September 7, 2020
These hours will run through Friday, November 20 and are subject to change. Hours after November 20 will be posted when available.
Students, faculty, and staff should come to the library desk to pick up any items that have been requested. All returns should be made using the book drop slot outside the library or the slot at the circulation desk.
Spaces & Technology:
We have rearranged the furniture in the library to provide socially-distant quiet study spaces for students. In addition to 12 computer workstations, there are approximately 30 seats in the library: some open seating, some at study carrels, some at tables, and some in the study rooms. Please bring your own headphones or earbuds.
Group study is prohibited in the library during the Fall 2020 semester, and all students, faculty, and staff must adhere to Penn State’s official masking and social distancing guidelines. No food or eating will be allowed in the library, although students may bring beverages to sip, preferably with a straw.
Students wishing to reserve the study rooms for individual study may contact the library at email@example.com or 570-675-9212.
3D printing services will be provided to the best of our ability. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-675-9212 for more information.
Textbooks that are part of our Course Reserves are available for checkout (for a 24-hour period) from the main desk in the library. Usage of print course reserves will be very limited in the fall semester, due to a mandated 96-hour quarantine between checkouts.
Students may call or email the library at email@example.com or 570-675-9212 to inquire about textbook availability and to be added to a waitlist.
Reference and Instruction
Our librarians are still available to provide assistance remotely! For information literacy instruction services, please contact our Reference and Instruction Librarian, Cameron Nielsen, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. General questions can be sent to email@example.com. As a reminder, Penn State's virtual reference service, Ask a Librarian , is always open for assistance!
Accessing Books (not on Course Reserve/non-Textbooks)
- All materials (including those located at Penn State Scranton) must be requested for pick up through the “I Want It” button in the Libraries catalog.
- Students, faculty, and staff will not be able to physically browse collections at any library location. Closing the stacks lets us retain access to HathiTrust’s Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS) . This service makes approximately half of the Penn State Libraries print collection available electronically.
- University Libraries has set a requirement to quarantine materials for 96 hours between uses. Once returned, an item won’t be available for 96 hours.
- In addition to the materials available through either ETAS or our pickup service, University Libraries offers a robust collection of electronic books, electronic journal articles, streaming video, and more.
- Interlibrary Loan staff are processing requests as materials become available, dependent upon other libraries’ open status worldwide. Be prepared for longer turnaround times between placing and receiving requests due to reduced staffing, hours, and participation of other lending institutions. Staff also are able to scan portions of physical materials to share electronically, in accordance with copyright law.
- For further information on the our expanded online resources, please visit the Libraries' Remote Resources page.
DVDs/Board Games/Video Games
We will be allowing browsing of DVD and Game collections, however, you may also view our current holdings via LibraryThing or Board Game Geek and contact the library at 570-675-9212 or firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability
|up to 5||Dell desktop computer
|up to 10||TV and DVD/VHS player
Dell desktop computer
Small Conference Room
|up to 8 (conference)
up to 12 total
2 Macintosh computers with various software for editing audio and video. Additional Macintosh computer located in main library study area.
|up to 6||Dell desktop computer
|up to 24||24 desktop computers
Smart podium with computer, DVD, and VHS player
Solstice via projector
Overhead projector and speakers
Plotter Printer (poster-size)
Request a Room Reservation (form) — note: same-day reservations cannot be made
Scan, Copy and Print
- Knowledge Imaging Center (KIC) Bookedge
- Can scan documents up to 11" by 17"
- Scan to email, USB drive or app
- Color, grayscale, or black and white
- JPG, PDF, and Text to Audio formats
- Sheet feeder also available
- Laser Jet printers (2)
- Printer 1 is located at the Circulation Desk
- Printer 2 is located in the back of the Instruction Room (210)
- Black and white printing
- Printing only from Nesbitt Library computers
- Letter-size (8.5" by 11") printing
- Defaults to double-sided printing
- Printing is FREE!
- 3D Printers
- Currently FREE
- Multiple colors available (may supply your own PLA 1.75mm filament)
- More information
- Plotter Printer (Poster size)
- Can print to any length
- Width size is 24" or 36" rolls of paper
- Prints in color, limited to poster size printing (no standard color printing)
- Located in Instruction Room 210
- Prints only from computers in Room 210
- See front desk first to load the printer with paper
Textbooks and Reserves
The Nesbitt Library places a copy of most textbooks on reserve at the library's circulation desk. You can ask for course books at the circulation desk by instructor's name, course number or course name. Faculty may also place items on electronic reserve for use online.
For more information about course reserves at Penn State Wilkes-Barre, please contact: John Owens by sending an email message to email@example.com or by calling 570-675-9214 .
Equipment to Borrow
|Calculator, Financial (TI BAII)||24 hours|
|Calculators, Scientific (TI-30XIIS)||24 hours|
|Camcorder, Canon Vixia HD (2)||5 days|
|Camera, Cisco Flip (6)||5 days|
|Camera, Sony Bloggie Touch (4)||5 days|
|GorillaPod (5)||5 days|
|Green Screen, Pop Up (and portable lights)||5 days|
|Headphones with microphone (2)||4 hours|
|iStabilizer Smart Mount (2)||5 days|
|iStabilizer Tab Mount (2)||5 days|
|Microphone, Lavalier (3)||5 days|
* iPhone lightning charger
* MicroUSB charger (Android phones)
|Projector - DBPOWER T22||24 hours|
|Tripod, Sunpak (2)||5 days|
|USB sticks||24 hours|
|WebCam with microphone||4 hours|
|Whiteboard marker and eraser sets||In Library Use|