Rooms and Spaces
Make a reservation online for the study rooms listed below.
|Seats 4||43" TV, Solstice Pod, white board|
|Seats 4 – 6
|55" TV Solstice Pod, white board|
One Button Studio Ground Floor Room 006K
|1 user or a group working together on a project||Equipment: 1 iMac workstation
Microphone, ReflecMedia Screen, Lighting, Camera
Software: iMovie, GarageBand
Media Editing Room Ground Floor Room 010
|1 user||Equipment: 1 iMac workstation
Software: iMovie, GarageBand, Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro
- Study rooms and Media Commons rooms can be reserved and are also available on a first come, first served basis if they are not already reserved or in use.
- Please note that a minimum of two students is required to make a reservation for group study rooms and that any one group can only reserve the room for three hours at a time.
- Do not bring food or drink into Media Commons rooms.
- To see if same day reservations are available please speak with a library staff member. For more information, please review the Group Study Room Guidelines.
- Please try to be courteous to other groups by reserving a room based on the number of people in your group. For example, if there are only two people in the group, reserve one of the smaller rooms that seat four people.
- QUESTIONS? Please call the circulation desk at 610-648-3215.
Scan, Copy and Print
- The Library has two scanners that are free to use for students, faculty and staff.
- There is one black-and-white printer.
- Printing defaults to double-sided pages.
- Raise 3D Pro2 and a Raise 3D Pro2 Plus are available in the Knowledge Commons.
- Support is available through: Dennis Wozniak: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-725-5319
Equipment to Borrow
|Item||Model||Number Available||Loan Period|
|Camcorder||Canon Vixia HD Video Camera (comes with caselogic case, cables, and SD card).||1||1 week|
|Wireless Microphone System (for use with camera)||Saramonic lavalier microphone kit||1||1 week|
|Microphones for mobile devices||Polsen MO-PL1 Lavalier Microphone||2||1 week|
|Phone Clips for tripod mount||Vastar Universal Smartphone Tripod Adapter – Mount adapter||2||1 week|
|Tablet Clips||1 Vaster Universal iPad Tablet Tripod Mount
1 Holder Adapter
And iStabilizer tabMount
|Podcast Microphone||Snowball Blue||2||1 week|
|Tripod||Sunpak 5858D Tripod with 3-Way, Pan-and-Tilt Head. Comes with Sunpak carrying case.||2||1 week|
|Headsets||Radioshack headphones (Library owned)||20||1 week|
|VR Headset (in library use only)||Oculus Go||1||4 hours|
|360 Camera||GoProMax 360||1||1 week|
|Light stand||Impact Light Stand||2||1 week|
- Ask questions by e-mail
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- View Tutorials on the Media Commons website
- Tutorials covering popular topics are available at https://mediacommons.psu.edu/support/tutorials/
- Live Online Chat
- Click the chat icon on any page at mediacommons.psu.edu
Our regional Media Commons Consultant, Carla Seward, supports the eastern campuses of Penn State University by providing technology training for students. Faculty should watch for email notifications from the Center for Learning & Teaching to schedule your classroom visits from Carla.