What is Interlibrary Loan?
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service to get you the materials we don’t have: books, articles, etc. ILLiad is the software we use for the service.
- ILL service is for Penn State faculty, staff and currently enrolled students, including Penn State Online, World Campus, and distance researchers.
- ILL Borrowing Privileges
- You need both My Library Account and an ILLiad account.
- After you find the item you need from library resources, click "I Want It", “Request” or "Get It!", we will get it for you.
- Articles are delivered electronically as PDFs to your ILLiad account.
- All other material will be sent to the pickup location specified in your profile, so keep your address and pickup location current in both ILLiad and My Library Account.
- For University Park campus faculty and staff, items from the Libraries and Interlibrary Loan can be delivered to your office via campus mail.
- Delivery information for World Campus & distance researchers.
- You can only renew ILL items if the lending library allows.
- You may renew one time only for an additional two weeks.
- You cannot renew after the due date.
- How to renew
Direct Request Options
- PALCI E-ZBorrow (search 50 PA and regional academic libraries for book loans)
- Uborrow (search catalogs and request directly from our Big Ten partners)
- OCLC WorldCat (search holdings of libraries worldwide)