Library Learning Services manage Library Instruction Rooms, reserved for teaching library-focused topics, such as library resources, research strategies, information literacy, information technology, and multimedia instruction. This also includes all course-related instruction and Library Studies credit courses, as well as instruction sessions offered by Media Commons staff.
Due to high demand for library instruction, rooms are typically not available for use by faculty external to the library, unless it’s a library-related topic or a faculty member is partnered with a librarian or Media Commons consultant.
Requesting a Room
Available instruction rooms include the following:
- W13 (near Center for Maps & GIS)
- W140 (Knowledge Commons Lab)
- W211A (Arts and Humanities Library)
- W315 (Arts and Humanities Library)
- W043 (A and B; Multi-purpose Dewey Room)
102 Foster Auditorium (contact the Dean's office for information, UL-DEANS-OFFICE@lists.psu.edu)
103 Mann Assembly Room (contact the Dean's office for information, UL-DEANS-OFFICE@lists.psu.edu)
302 (Business Library)
403 (Life Sciences Library)
W13, W140, W211A, W315 Pattee and 302 Paterno are available to students for use as open computer labs when not in use for instruction.
- Architecture and Landscape Architecture Library in 118 Stuckeman Building
- Engineering Library in 329 Hammond Building
- Earth and Mineral Sciences Library in 114 Deike Building
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences Library in 201 Davey Lab
Requests for using these instruction rooms should be directed to each library.