Browse the Collection
Search the Collection
About the Collection
The Pennsylvania State University Libraries have acquired several thousand videotapes, reports, and photographs that were generated during the successful cleanup and recovery of the Three Mile Island Unit 2 (TMI-2) nuclear reactor. The materials reflect the work done during the 1979 – 1990 time period. All of the materials are available for public use. The contents of the videotape and report collections are searchable through two databases on this web site. The photographs have not been cataloged and are not indexed in a database.
Fragile Material Notice: Not all of the videotapes are available for viewing or copying. Many have become too fragile to be used. Requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- TMI Reactor Accident
- Clean-up Highlights Video
- Additional Resources
- Questions About Three Mile Island
- Three Mile Island: An Interdisciplinary Research Guide
Using Materials On-site
On-site use requires a three week advance notice since many of the videos are stored in remote facilities and must be retrieved and cleaned before use.
Obtaining Materials from the Collection
- Copies of DVDs, videotapes, photographs, and reports produced from this collection MAY NOT be posted on the web.
- Copies of videotapes and DVDs may be requested via email or phone. The library will duplicate videotapes and DVDs at cost plus a shipping and handling charge.
- Copies of reports may be requested via email or phone. Charges will be based on duplication costs plus shipping and handling. Many of the reports are available from the National Technical Information Service (NTIS).