Browse the Collection
About the Collection
The history of Penn State Altoona is easily divided into three major sections; the early days prior to the move to Ivyside Park (1929-1947), the move to Ivyside Park and the beginning of growth and expansion (1948-1995), and gaining four year college status in 1996 and continual development. The purpose of this online exhibit is to highlight events and persons involved with Penn State Altoona from the early days through the 1970s. This narrative provides a brief history of the first four decades of the College history.