Diversity and inclusion. Equity to access. Empathy. Integrity. Respect. Responsibility.
These are just some of the many values that serve as our compass for how we want to conduct ourselves, how we want to treat others, and how we want to be treated, too. Read our Institutional and Foundational Values to learn more about the environment and organizational excellence we strive to achieve and maintain – one that you’ll enhance when you join us!
So, what’s it like to live near one of our University Libraries locations?
Commonwealth Campus Libraries (CCLs)
Discover more about working at and living near one of Penn State's many campus library locations across PA by exploring the local information by campus below.
Penn State’s main location at University Park is located within the community of State College in Centre County. Discover more about living in the area and resources through Penn State Human Resources' Prospective Employee information and from the Happy Valley Adventure Bureau.
Local information by campus
- Did you know? 67 counties make up PA, each with many towns, boroughs, and cities.
- Taxes, government structures, and services can vary greatly across the state.
- You can use the county websites noted below as well as the cost-of-living calculator and the PA Department of Revenue website to learn more information about what to expect when moving to an area.
- Check out the Visit PA website to learn more.
- All campuses that offer undergraduate programs follow the same academic calendar. Note that the academic calendars for Penn State Law and the College of Medicine follow different schedules.
|College of Medicine||Hershey||Dauphin||Daw-fin|
|Lehigh Valley||Center Valley||Lehigh||Lee-high|
|Mont Alto||Mont Alto||Franklin||Mahn Al-toe|
|New Kensington||New Kensington||Westmoreland||West-more-land|
|Schuylkill||Schuylkill Haven||Skoo-cull (also Skoo-kill)|
|University Park||State College||Centre||Center|
|Wilkes-Barre||Dallas||Luzerne||Wilkes-bear or Wilkes-Berry