The Data Learning Center provides data analysis services to assist faculty, staff, postdoctoral scholars, and students at no cost with statistical data analysis, qualitative data analysis, data analytics, and data visualization.
Consultation and Contact Information
- Schedule a consultation for statistical analysis, qualitative data analysis, or data analytics and visualization. Explore more details regarding these service offerings below.
- Contact us with requests either resources & information or guest lectures, customized presentations/lessons, or small group training for your classes, groups, or departments.
We also support the Research Informatics and Publishing Advanced Analytics and Visualization Digital Lab. This computer lab space is designed for those seeking access to and support for data analysis and visualization software.
Statistical analysis helps you identify and understand trends in your data. Our Statistical Consulting team offers educational resources and individual support to help researchers at all stages navigate analyzing their data according to best practices and their project needs. Whether you want guidance on choosing the appropriate test from the wide array of statistical methodologies for your data analysis, or need help with statistical software implementation, our team would be happy to assist you.
- Data collection advice
- Experimental design
- Data cleaning, manipulation, formatting, or processing
- Statistical analysis, modeling, or testing
- Interpretation of results
- Data mining or exploration
- Assistance with software or programing (R, SPSS, STATA, SAS, Minitab, JMP, Excel, etc.)
Data Analytics and Visualization
Effective data visualization can help you explore, understand, and communicate your data. We offer free workshops introducing fundamental data visualization concepts and tools such as Tableau and Power BI to guide you in the process of creating visualizations for your data. Whether you are just starting to incorporate data visualization into your research or are seeking more advanced tools and techniques in visualization, we can assist you. Our Data Analytics and Visualization team is also partnering with the Cloud Services team at Penn State to help you if you need support for Big Data analytics on cloud including Azure, Amazon Cloud Services (AWS), and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Data visualization concepts
- Assistance with data visualization tools (Tableau, BI, Adobe Illustrator, Jupyter Notebook, etc.)
- Big Data analytics on cloud (Azure, Amazon Cloud Services (AWS), and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experimental design