- Froth, student humor magazine, published for the first time.
- Summer session for teachers established.
- Liberal Arts extension work started.
- Student Council formed in men's student government system.
- County Agent system in agriculture started.
- Agricultural and home economics demonstration work expanded with funds from Federal Smith-Lever Act.
- Women students formed Self-Government Association.
- Health service began with first regular physician and infirmary.
- Vocational teacher training in agriculture, home economics and industries begun under Federal Smith-Hughes Act.
- World War I programs took over campus; Army and Navy trainees in SATC (Students' Army Training Corps), forerunner of ROTC units.
- Mining Experiment Station and Mining Extension started.
- Penn State Players organized; became nucleus of dramatics curriculum.