- First class gift, portrait of President Pugh, given by first graduating class, '61.
- Second Morrill Act (1890) provisions accepted by Legislature for Penn State.
- First "stadium," Old Beaver Field, completed; named for James A. Beaver, president of the Board of Trustees, governor and Civil War general; moved to "New Beaver Field" in 1909; moved and became present Beaver Stadium in 1959.
- Old Engineering Building dedicated; burned down in 1918.
- First student handbook, published by Penn State YMCA. First full-time librarian, Helen Bradley, appointed.
- First chaplain, Lawrence M. Colfelt, D.D., appointed.
- Seven schools organized within college: agriculture; natural science; engineering; mathematics and physics; mines; languages, literature and history; and political science and philosophy.
- Old Main tower and roof rebuilt after fire.
- Correspondence courses in agriculture became formal program.
- Thespians, men's dramatics club, founded by Professors Fred Lewis Pattee and John Leete.
- Blue Band begun; developed from Cadet Bugle Corps.