Records Center Services during COVID-19 Precautions
At the Office of Records Management, we are doing everything we can to deliver the services needed for mission critical and life sustaining operations related to records access, compliance, training, and guidance.
- We have resumed normal hours of operation at the Records Center: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Access to Records – Pickups/deliveries can be made via Courier Service, Monday through Friday afternoons. Couriers must adhere to current COVID-19 policies and precautions which will be sent to you via e-mail upon your request for services.
- Shredding Records Already in Storage – We will continue to shred any records at the Records Center that have fulfilled retention requirements and have been approved for destruction.
- Sending Records for Storage or Shredding – We will continue to receive records but will quarantine them for 48 hours before storing or shredding.
- Blue/White Shredding – Bags or Secure Bins are being received on a case-by-case basis due to the Office of Physical Plant’s (OPP) limited availability. Please confirm with your Facilities Coordinator and contact us with questions.
- Spring Training Sessions (April 14) are available for registration. Records Management at Penn State: Getting Your Files Organized the Easy Way (PSU-134).
The Penn State Inactive Records Center (IRC) is designed to provide secure storage for inactive University records that must be retained to meet the legal, fiscal, or administrative requirements of the University. We operate on a cost recovery business model, and offer records services and storage solutions to the University community at low rates.
Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Services, Rates, and Forms