SciFinder Scholar provides online access to Chemical Abstracts (1907-present) and other chemical databases. It includes indexing for chemical journals, patents, chemical substances, and chemical reactions.
How to Register for SciFinder Scholar (Penn State students/faculty/staff only):
- Access the SciFinder Registration Link located here. For A Step by Step Walkthrough of this process visit this page.
- After Clicking Next and Accepting the User Agreement, enter all contact information. Be sure to use your Penn State e-mail as your contact email. Create a username and password that is different from your Penn State User ID and password.
- After clicking Register, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Click the link attached to this email and the registration process will be complete.
- Once you have completed your registration you can access SciFinder Scholar @ https://scifinder.cas.org.
Accessing SciFinder-Scholar Off-Campus:
- Download AnyConnect by opening the following link to Penn State Software.
- Enter your Penn State credentials.
- Under the section Connecting to Penn State, click on VPN-Virtual Private Network (AnyConnect) and download the file that pertains to which system you run (Windows, Macintosh, or Unix/Linux).
- After the download of the VPN is complete, you can access SciFinder-Scholar from off-campus locations.