The Libraries' 3D printers may be used only for lawful purposes. The public will not be permitted to use the 3D printers to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous or poses an immediate threat to the well-being of others. This includes weapons or life-like replicas, parts of weapons, ammunition, and defensive as well as offensive weapons. If you aren’t sure what constitutes a weapon, please consult a staff member.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Library environment.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
The library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
- Items printed from the library 3D printer not picked up within 30 days after being printed become the property of the Library. Items must be picked up by the individual who printed them, using a Penn State ID.
- Print jobs that take longer than 10 hours will not be accepted.
- The library cannot guarantee that any job will be completed by the date needed. In addition, not all digital models can be effectively printed with our equipment. If you have questions or concerns, please speak with a staff member prior to undertaking your project.
Formlabs Form 2
- Build Volume: 5.7 × 5.7 × 6.9 inches (145 × 145 × 175 mm)
- Layer Thickness: 0.001, 0.002, 0.004, 0.008 inches (25, 50, 100, 200 microns)
- Material: Photopolymer resin
- File Type: .STL or .OBJ
- Formlabs website
Submit a Print!
To print a design you must be a student, faculty, or staff member of Penn State Scranton. Email the file or link to a file page (for example, at Thingiverse) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try our best to accommodate your request in a timely manner. When a print is completed, you will receive an email notification. Prints may be retrieved from the library circulation desk.