Libraries Strategic Technologies provides a broad range of IT solutions, services, and support to University Libraries faculty and staff, and supports the systems that enable Penn State and the user community to discover, access, and use the Libraries’ resources, both on-site and online. We also provide software and systems development to support digital data management and access related to research and scholarship for the University community.
- Discovery, Access, and Web Services: Provides user-centered web services, Libraries website management, web and application interface design, support for mobile devices, web accessibility expertise, web statistics and analytics support, and LionSearch, the Catalog, and other discovery platform support.
- Digital Scholarship Applications & Integration: Administrates and develops systems to support continuous integration, configuration management, and software deployment for local and third-party solutions. In addition, this group provides database services at the application and platform layer for a variety of database products.
- Faculty Activity Management Services: Provides user support for cloud-hosted faculty reporting software (Activity Insight), as well as data entry, documentation, training, and serves as a liaison to vendors.
- Repository Services: Develops open source repository services to support preservation, access, and discovery of digital library collections, scholarly communications and research data.
- Systems and Applications: Manages system administration, software configuration, and application support and customization for library systems (e.g., Symphony, web content management system, etc.), provides programming and application development to meet administrative and operational needs (e.g., ABLE, employee directory, etc.), and data services (e.g., database design, data mining, etc.)
- User Support and Operations: Provides helpdesk support, workstation management and lifecycle planning, SirsiDynix operations support, tablet and handheld device support, technology communications, technology training, IT account provisioning and management.