Libby by OverDrive
Libby by OverDrive is a free app that lets you borrow and download ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines to your phone or tablet - and - you can send and read your borrowed ebooks to your Kindle ereader (U.S. only). It's easy to use, gives you the freedom to read across your devices, and you can download your materials to read or stream offline.
Check out Libby's Devices, compatibility, and syncing page for information about using the app on your favorite device. On a desktop or laptop and prefer to use your favorite web browser to access Libby? Go to https://libbyapp.com to start enjoying your reading experience!
Libby at the University Libraries
Once you install the Libby app, follow the prompts to find "Pennsylvania State University" and sign in with your Penn State Account userid and password. Then, browse our digital collections and borrow a title. Visit our Borrowing Privileges information for details about borrowing and renewing materials.
- If a title isn't available, you can place a hold. After you place a hold, view your spot in line by going to your Shelf, tap Holds, then tap Wait List.
- You can view your place in line for a hold. After you place a hold, go to Shelf > Holds and tap the calendar icon. You'll see your approximate wait time, the number of copies in use, and the number of people waiting.
- You can save time by saving your preferences. Tap Preferences at the top of your library's home screen, or at the top of any list. Adjust your filters and default sorting option. Tap Apply Preferences.
- You can explore more book recommendations. Tap Explore at the top of your library's home screen to discover your next great read. Search by subject, popularity, what's available, and more.
- You can add more than one library card. Tap the Libby icon in the top right corner, then tap Add a Library. You can search by name of zip code.
There is an in-app support feature to help answer frequently asked questions. Visit Libby Help for assistance.