Penn State Faculty, Graduate Students, and Undergraduate Students Visiting other Institutions
Penn State University Libraries participate in a number of reciprocal borrowing and on-site programs which provide additional information resources and allow broader access to schlolarly material.
- The on-site access programs require Penn State identification.
- The reciprocal borrowing programs require authorized cards or forms in addition to Penn State identification.
- Users are responsible for returning checked out material to the lending library and for any fees or charges incurred.
The BTAA Libraries Reciprocal Borrowing and On-Site Access Agreements
Faculty and graduate students have reciprocal borrowing privileges.
Undergraduate students have on-site access only (no reciprocal borrowing). Students need to show their current Penn State ID card to gain entry into a participating library.
Agreement statements for faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students are available at the BTAA Reciprocal Library Borrowing page.
PALCI (Pennsylvania Academic Library Consortium, Inc.)
- PALCI libraries extend reciprocal borrowing privileges to Penn State faculty.
- This program requires a letter issued by Penn State Libraries. Complete this application to receive the authorized letter. The authorized letter will be sent to the address you specify on the application.
OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program
- The OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program grants faculty members from participating institutions borrowing privileges and on-site access to the collections of other participating academic research libraries.
- See a list of participants in the program.This program requires an OCLC card issued by Penn State Libraries. Complete this application to receive the card. The card will be sent to the address you specify on the application.
On-Site Access to SHARES Libraries
- On-site access privileges through the SHARES partnership permit faculty, emeritus faculty, students, and academic and professional library staff of partners' institutions to use the collections and services at other SHARES libraries. A current Penn State photo ID card must be presented for on-site access.
- This program does not include borrowing privileges.
- More information about the program.
- See a list of participants in the program.
Interlibrary loan is available to all Penn State faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students. More information about interlibrary loan.