The University Libraries offers self-service pickup for Penn State students, faculty, and staff, and PA residents registered with the library while our physical spaces remain closed/have limited access. Self-service lets you pickup your materials at your own convenience, so there’s no need to schedule a time. Note that this service is available only at Pattee/Paterno at University Park at this time.
How it Works
- Find what you want in the University Libraries Catalog and place a hold on the item by selecting “I want it."
- You’ll receive an email notification once your materials are ready for pickup.
- Visit Pattee/Paterno to pickup your materials. Materials are available for pickup in the East Entrance (Curtin Road) lobby when the lobby is open. Lobby hours are:
- Monday through Thursday, 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Materials will be checked out for you and placed in a bag.
- Bags are tagged with a label that lists the first four letters of your last name, the last four digits of your PSU ID+/library card number, and the pickup date.
- Materials that haven’t been picked up after 10 days will be removed from your account.