Login (authentication) lets you use special features of The CAT, such as
- My Library Account (to renew checked-out items, update your address, etc.)
- I Want It (to request items at other campuses or the Annex)
- My Favorite Authors and Favorite Subjects.
- Find Articles (access article databases) also requires a login if you are accessing it from outside PSU campus.
When you first access The CAT, you can login immediately. Or, you can enter as a Guest, and login later, when you want to choose one of the services named above.
- PSU student, faculty, and staff registered users: Type your Access Account User ID and Password
- Non-PSU registered users: Type your Last Name (User ID) and your nine-digit library ID (Password)
Why isn't the login screen for the CAT a secure (https://) page?
The login screen is displayed from The CAT web server which is not a secure web site. However, the server that is contacted when the submit button is clicked on the login page is a secure web server and all transactions are encrypted.
Exit returns The CAT back to Guest mode. Exiting drops your authentication, which means your account is no longer connected to the system. Be sure to log out, so no other user can misuse your account.