Holds and Recalls allow you to request PSU items that are not currently available at your Library location. Items will be retrieved from other Library locations, or will be recalled if checked-out to another user, and sent to your preferred pickup Library.
You may place holds in The CAT anytime. Items available at other locations are usually available within 3-5 days. Items recalled from other users should be available within 2 weeks. A pickup notice will be sent when your hold becomes available.
Place a Hold
- If an item isn't currently available at your Library location, select the I Want It button on any detailed display screen.
- On the A Hold Will Be Placed for You screen, select a pickup library from the drop-down list and click on the Place Hold button.
- At the confirmation screen, click on the OK button to return to The CAT.
- A pickup notice will arrive when the item is available - please bring a copy of your notice with you when you come to the Library for your item.
Waiting for your Hold Item
- You can check hold availability or cancel any holds at My Library Account.
- You will receive a library notice when the item is available for you to pick up. Processing and shipping times vary.
- On-shelf items generally arrive within 2-3 weekdays.
- Items checked out to other borrowers will be recalled. Recalled items take a minimum of 10 days to arrive at the pick up location.
Please Note: Holds may not be placed on special-permission loans or items on course reserve.
Responding to a Recall
Most items checked-out from the Libraries for more than 7 days are subject to recall. If an item on your account is recalled, a notice will be sent asking you to return the item by the recall due date indicated on the notice. This date due will be 10 days from the date the notice was sent. Items returned after the recall due date are subject to fees of $3.00 per day for each day overdue.