Who is this for?
This service is for other libraries to request material from Penn State University Libraries. Individuals wanting to place a request, please contact your closest public or academic library.
- Books, dissertations, theses, government documents, videos and sound recordings (AV), and some microfilms can be loaned.
- Dissertations are available for loan to U.S. and Canadian libraries. Copies of Penn State dissertations from 1939 to the present are available for purchase from ProQuest.
- Search the eTD database for newer theses/dissertations online.
- We will scan a journal article, a book or proceedings chapter, or newspapers and journals on microfilm or microfiche.
- The requesting institution should be aware that the copied material may fall under copyright law.
- Copies are supplied via Odyssey, OCLC Article Exchange, Email, or US mail.
- Scanned copies of theses not available through ProQuest should be requested through Digitization and Preservation (email@example.com).
- $15 (or 1 1/2 IFLA vouchers)
- $35 International (or 3 IFLA vouchers)
- Loan charges do not apply to any Pennsylvania library or any consortial partner.
- $15 US and Canada (or 1 1/2 IFLA vouchers)
- Article charges do not apply to any PA Academic, PA Public, or PA School library or any consortial partner.
- If requesting via OCLC, IFM payment is preferred.
- Invoices are issued on a monthly basis. Payment will be accepted in US Dollars or IFLA vouchers.
- Questions regarding invoices received for Interlibrary Loan material should be directed to the Library's Business Office at 814-863-5440.
Lost Book Fees
- If you have lost or misplaced an item borrowed through Interlibrary Loan, please contact us to request a replacement quote or inquire about providing a replacement copy.
- A minimum of $125.00 will be charged for a lost book.