How can I receive library notices as text messages?
You can receive text messages from both My Library Account and ILLiad.
- For My Library Account, log in, click on Update Address, and add your cell phone number to the Email Address field as shown in the example below.
- For ILLiad, log in, select Change User Information from the left menu bar (new users will see the New User Registration page after log in) and add your cell phone number to the Email Address field as shown in the example below.
- Your cell extension can be found at online
- Be sure to include a comma, but no spaces, between your email address and your cell phone number
- Include your area code and cell phone provider extension
- Click on the Update Address or Submit Information button to save your changes
NOTICE: Charges may be incurred from your cellular provider. Check the terms of your contract for details on charges related to receiving text messages. Complete notices are sent via text messaging and are truncated to fit character limits. Your provider may send multiple text messages for each notice.
- Please be aware that all library notices include more information than will fit in a standard text message. We encourage you to also check My Library Account, ILLiad and your emailed notices for additional information.
- We strongly encourage you to continue to receive emailed notices in addition to text messaged notices, and to monitor My Library Account and ILLiad. Failure to receive any notice does not relieve you of your borrower responsibilities.
- TO UNSUBSCRIBE from text service, remove your phone number and extension from the Email Address field. Do not remove your email address.