Welcome to the new Collaboration Commons and Central Atrium!
The space features numerous electrical outlets for powering personal devices, along with expanded Wi-Fi access and mobile seating. Sixteen group study rooms, more than two dozen groupings of moveable tables and chairs and counter-height workspaces feature embedded or adjacent power ports.
Outside, the new Dr. Keiko Miwa Ross Garden Terrace provides Wi-Fi access and black lighting towers encasing USB and grounded power ports. Just inside the ground-floor entrance is an eight-panel, 4K interactive screen for students to use. Providing added convenience are coffee and snack vending machines and a dedicated lactation room.
The spaces are open 24 hours five days a week, plus extended weekend hours when classes are in session.
The renovation and expansion of Pattee Library and Paterno Library is the signature project of the Libraries’ 2020 Vision for Innovation. This multi-year project positions the University Libraries to:
- Increase the number of group study rooms
- Create better physical navigation between West and Central Pattee Library
- Meet students' needs for increased collaboration
- Relieve café space constraints
- Centralize digital scholarship and data services for enhanced support of research needs
- Create a state-of-the-art hub for teaching and learning
Proposed plans call for the:
- Creation of a two-story Central Atrium between the West and Central sections of Pattee Library along with the construction of two additional floors of new, programmable space above the Central Atrium
- Renovation of the ground floor of West Pattee Library to create the Collaboration Commons
- Renovation of the West Pattee Terrace
- Relocation and expansion of the cafe (Starbucks) and student study space (MacKinnon's Lounge) to the first floor of Paterno Library off of the Curtin Road entrance (completed August 2018)
|March - August 2018||Construction of Starbucks and MacKinnon's Lounge|
|September 2018 - August 2019||Construction of the Central Atrium and Collaboration Commons
Renovation of the West Pattee terrace
Note: Dates Subject to Change