Study at the Library
As of 1:41 am
41 of 41 PCs are open
In 1930, we were created as the Mineral Industries Library from a collection of approximately 1,000 books from Dean Edward Steidle's office and the Pennsylvania State College Library, who added relevant materials from their collection. In 1966 the library was moved from the Mineral Industries Building (now the Steidle Building) to Deike Building and renamed the Earth and Mineral Sciences Library. In 2001, we received an endowment from Mr. George Middlemas and were named in honor of Fletcher L. Byrom.
The Earth and Mineral Sciences Library is located in 105 Deike Building, near the corner of Pollock Road and Burrowes Road. The library is one floor above the ground floor entrance. To visit us, it is necessary to use the elevator or the stairs. Watch this video to see how to travel from the Pattee Library to the EMS library.