Please read the message from Dean Barbara I. Dewey regarding the University Libraries' response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Access to Online Resources
The library offers a number of remote resources for our users. Our goal is to provide you with the resources, expertise, and services you need to do your work, with as little disruption as possible.
Changes to Operations
Reference and Assistance
Librarians and staff at all campuses are available for remote reference, consultation, and assistance. Please contact us via Ask a Librarian.
Renewing and Returning Materials
Please do not return any library materials at this time unless absolutely necessary. Returns will not be processed and will remain on your library account until the library resumes regular operations.
Due dates for semester loans have been extended through January 18, 2021. Due dates for shorter-term DVD, equipment and PALCI loans have been extended through Sept. 2, 2020. Please check My Library Account for your updated due dates.
If you must return materials, please return Books and Interlibrary Loan materials to any Penn State University Libraries' book return. At University Park, the Pattee/Paterno Library book return is located at the East entrance on Curtin Road. If the Library is closed when you return items, they will be backdated when we open again. Students who graduated and are not returning to campus can return materials to the Pattee/Paterno book return. Students at other campus locations should use Ask a Librarian to see how to return materials at their respective campus.
Laptops, chargers, and other equipment: Again, due dates for all of these items have been extended and these items do not need to be returned until the Libraries reopen. Please do not return these items to a book drop.
Curbside pickup: Although we are currently closed, some of our collections are available with our curbside pickup service.
Equipment rented through Media and Technology Support Services (MTSS) during the spring semester has been renewed. MTSS staff ask that students who plan to return to campus wait to return equipment until in-person instruction resumes. Graduating students who have rented equipment may return items by mail and should contact the department for instructions at MediaTechSupport@psu.edu. The department is looking at ways to provide postage-paid mail service and will provide instructions once available.
The following services have been suspended:
- All E-ZBorrow Services
- Computer Labs in Pattee and Paterno. Please note that Penn State IT will ship laptops to students, faculty, and staff who have no other options and need access to a computer. Laptop requests should be made via the Penn State Mobile Technology form.
- Online reservations for group study rooms, at all campuses
- Media Commons and Maker Commons Services including:
- 3D Printing Lab
- One-Button Studios
- Center for Immersive Experiences
- Virtual Reality Lab in Sidewater Commons
- Visit the Media Commons website for remote services support and information.
- Student IT Lab Consultants
- The Pollock Undergraduate Center will be available but not staffed. Printers will be monitored remotely. IT staff can assist over the phone (814.865.HELP).
- The IT Service Desk located in the Knowledge Commons
- Visit the TLT Student Computing Labs website for information.
The Libraries has created a poster creation guide and offers one-on-one consultations using Microsoft Bookings for students. This replaces the Designing and Creating Effective Research Posters workshop that was cancelled this spring along with other undergraduate workshops.
Our Remote Resources page lists the University Libraries’ official contacts designated for our operations and services impacted by COVID-19.