Summer Research Travel Awards
Penn State University Libraries
Eberly Family Special Collections Library
Information regarding Summer 2018 Travel Grants will be posted soon. Please check back for further information. Thank you!
Awards of $1,500 to be used for travel to the Eberly Family Special Collections Library at Penn State’s University Park campus to utilize the Library’s collections for academic research are available in the following areas:
- Dorothy Foehr Huck Research Travel Award
This award supports researchers using any of the Eberly Family Special Collection Library’s collections. Collecting strengths can be found via the Special Collections Library web pages.
- Helen F. Faust Women Writers Research Travel Award
This award supports researchers whose work focuses on women writers, and who would benefit from the use of the Eberly Family Special Collections Library’s collections.
- Albert M. Petska Eighth Air Force Archives Research Travel Award
This award supports researchers utilizing the Eighth Air Force archive, 1939-2009 at the Eberly Family Special Collections Library.
- Mary Ann O'Brian Malkin Research Travel Award
This award supports researchers whose work focuses on the history of dance and dance notation, and who would benefit from using the Malkin collection of early dance, 1531-1804.
- Applicants must reside outside of a 100-mile radius of State College, Pennsylvania.
- Applicants may not be Penn State faculty, staff, or students.
- Applicants and their research topics must meet the individual requirements of the award for which they apply.
- Complete an Application Form, which includes uploading a CV.
- Applications are due by April 1, 2018, and recipients will be notified before May 1, 2018.
Award Use Requirements
- Award recipients can use the awarded funds for any expenses encumbered during their visit to the Eberly Family Special Collections Library; however, research visits must take place June 1, 2018-August 31, 2018.
- Award recipients may be subject to tax implications, depending on how the awarded funds are spent. For international award recipients, this may include tax implications in the United States and in their country of origin.
Contact Instruction & Outreach Archivist, Julie M. Porterfield, at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.