Data analysis and visualization supports users through consultations, workshops, and resources for data preparation, analysis, and visualization.
Support includes GIS, mapping, data creation, data wrangling (subsetting, transforming, and/or manipulating data), quantitative data analysis including statistical modeling, quantitative text analysis, and data visualization. Specialized support is available for using R, SPSS, Minitab, Tableau, Power BI, and ArcGIS products.
- Digital Humanities services and quantitative approaches to literary texts
- Statistical methods advice and statistical software support (R, SPSS, Minitab, etc.)
- Data visualization best practices and software support (Power BI, Tableau, R, etc.)
- Big data analytics (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure)
- Geospatial and mapping visualizations
These resources relate to software supported in data analysis and visualization services.
- Text Analysis: Introduction
- Voyant Tools: An Introduction
- Text Mining: web based resources
- HathiTrust: Introduction for text & data mining
- English-Corpora.org: an Introduction
Data Analytics and Visualization
- Data Analytics and Visualization: Tableau
- Data Analytics and Visualization: Power BI, Tableau, and Big Data Analytics on Cloud (AZURE, AWS, GCP)
Statistical Data Analysis
Geospatial and Mapping
- Penn State GIS Software available to Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Maps & Geospatial: ArcGIS Online
- Maps & Geospatial: ArcGIS Pro
- Maps & Geospatial: Open Source Geographic Information Systems (GIS)