Data analysis and visualization supports users through consultations, workshops, and resources for data preparation, analysis, and visualization.
Support includes GIS, mapping, data creation, data wrangling (subsetting, transforming, and/or manipulating data), quantitative data analysis including statistical modeling, quantitative text analysis, and data visualization. Specialized support is available for using R, SPSS, Minitab, Tableau, Power BI, and ArcGIS products. Additional software supported includes those in the Advanced Analytics and Visualization Digital Lab (remote access only), and the specialized geospatial software in the Donald W. Hamer Center for Maps and Geospatial Information.
- Digital Humanities services and quantitative approaches to literary texts
- Statistical methods advice and statistical software support (R, SPSS, Minitab, etc.)
- Data visualization best practices and software support (Power BI, Tableau, R, etc.)
- Big data analytics (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure)
- Geospatial and mapping visualizations
These resources relate to software supported in data analysis and visualization services.
- Text Analysis: Introduction
- Voyant Tools: An Introduction
- Text Mining: web based resources
- HathiTrust: Introduction for text & data mining
- English-Corpora.org: an Introduction
Data Analytics and Visualization
- Data Analytics and Visualization: Tableau
- Data Analytics and Visualization: Power BI, Tableau, and Big Data Analytics on Cloud (AZURE, AWS, GCP)
Statistical Data Analysis
Geospatial and Mapping
- Penn State GIS Software available to Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Maps & Geospatial: ArcGIS Online
- Maps & Geospatial: ArcGIS Pro
- Maps & Geospatial: Open Source Geographic Information Systems (GIS)