A Selected On-line Resource Listing
Top ten list you can do to preserve family and special collections:
- Provide the right environment - 60 to 70° F 1 40 to 50°/o Rh
- Avoid light - store ·in dark
- Zip it - isolate infected materials immediately
- Use archival quality products - buy from reputable vendors
- Never use tape or glue. Never laminate. If it's not reversible, don't use it!
- Label carefully and accurately- use pencil not pen
- Handle with care - wash hands, handle by edges or margins
- Avoid paper clips, rubber bands and staples
- Make use copies
- Digitizing doesn't mean that you preserved it!