Global Engagement Initiatives works to coordinate the University Libraries Sister Library Program within Penn State’s Global Engagement Network, which currently includes 6 international sister libraries:
- Monash University (Melbourne, Australia)
- Pontifical Catholic University of Peru (Lima, Peru)
- Sungkyunkwan University (Seoul, South Korea)
- University of Cape Town (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg (Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany)
- University of Split (Split, Croatia)
We also partner with Libraries and University colleagues to foster initiatives that contribute to the global engagement goals of both the Penn State Libraries and the University. Initiatives include supporting and co-sponsoring a variety of global citizenship and intercultural communication events, organizing cooperative efforts in support of faculty, staff, and students working and studying abroad, and addressing the library/information needs of international students at Penn State.